New Health Walks at Seven Lochs
Wild Ways Well is a programme developed by The Conservation Volunteers (TCV) which takes the internationally identified ‘5 Ways to Wellbeing’ and applies them to nature-based activities and education. Wild Ways Well was initially created in partnership with Cumbernauld Living Landscape. There are two overall aims of Wild Ways Well:
- for participants to have improved mental health and wellbeing
- to reduce the stigma around mental health and illness
Nature has been shown to produce many benefits to our health and wellbeing. Spending time outdoors can lead to a reduction in stress and inflammation, lowered blood pressure, provide a boost to our immune system and increase our mood.
Each session lasts 2 hours and includes:
- a low intensity walk.
- nature based learning (e.g., Bird ID, mammal tracking, seasonal changes)
- a chance to connect with wildlife, nature, and like-minded individuals.
- a break mid-session to enjoy a hot drink and have a snack.
The group control what we do each week, and we are always looking for new activities and topics to learn about. To join in contact Aimée Moretti on 07767112088 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org